Monday, January 30, 2012

Week 2 blog

http://changethis.com/manifesto/51.01.YourHowl/pdf/51.01.YourHowl.pdf

Flaum references a story of a tiger in a zoo, that he heard in fifth grade. Whenever the tiger would escape the zoo, he would just end up in another zoo. I got from the story that you can't run from your problems or try to escape them, but rather deal with them and at the end you will find what you were looking for.




An excerpt from Oh lord by Foxy Shazam
"Cause there is always a wrong to your right
And there will always be a war somewhere to fight
And god knows I've had some rough f***ing years
Oh lord, oh lord, keep on keeping on"


This is one of my favorite songs, not only because I love the way it sounds but because the lyrics connect with me. The line "there is always a wrong to your right" means to me that no matter what you do there is a chance not everyone will be happy. "And there will always be a war somewhere to fight" reminds me that not everyone will agree with what happens in life and the decisions you make. But aside all of the discord and troubling decisions, life is going to be rough, we have to trudge through and "keep on keeping on."
Beyond the life decisions, this song speaks to me as a creative person. I understand that not everyone who experiences something creative I make will like it. I know that there can always be better ways of doing something. And I know that even if I'm not successful right away, I will be as long as I "keep on keeping on."

No comments:

Post a Comment